Teacher of Technology - September start
Veritas Education are currently recruiting a Technology Teacher on behalf of an Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' Secondary School in Preston. The role will be starting in September and is expected to last for at least two terms. Due to the specialisms already in the department, they are looking for a teacher who can teach any of the following subjects:
Product Design, Graphics, Food Technology, Textiles or Resistant Materials.
The Schools department provides a stimulating, well-balanced and inclusive curriculum which is designed to allow all pupils to maximise their potential. Lessons involve a wide variety of learning styles employed by a highly professional and hard-working team of teachers. The school deals with a diverse cohort of mixed 11-16 year old pupils of varying abilities.
The department seek to appoint a Teacher of Technology who is confident and competent delivering the national curriculum to all pupil abilities of varying abilities. The successful candidate will be a role model for students, inspiring them to be actively interested in Design and Technology.
The requirements for this role:
You must have a Degree Level Qualification in your D&T subject area and QTS/QTLS. You must also have a DBS certificate on the update service (or be willing to complete one). Both experienced teachers and NQTs are welcome to apply for the role.
Veritas Education can offer you the following benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay of £100 - £165 per day
- Short term and long-term vacancies suiting your needs
- 24/7 support and feedback from experienced Consultants
- Respected relationships with a vast selection of schools across Lancashire
- An attractive 'recommend a friend' scheme, for any referrals that you make to Veritas Education (£100)
- Veritas will arrange your clearance including Barred List Check, Qualifications Checks, References and Enhanced DBS
How to apply:
For immediate consideration for the role please send an updated CV to Laura Porter via the link below or contact the Preston Branch on for further information.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'