Showroom Assistant - Part time
Part Time - Showroom Assistant - Ceramic Tile Distributors (CTD) : Cambridge
This position is working for CTD Tiles part of the Saint Gobain group who are the Global winners of TOP EMPLOYER 2017 and 2018.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who will be able to offer exceptional customer service.
What will I be doing in the role?
In the role as Part Time -Showroom Assistant you will;
- You will be required to provide outstanding customer service.
- Your duties will include dealing with customers on a day to day basis and building relationships.
- You will also be required to deal with telephone enquiries and always ensure that customer’s needs are met whilst promoting the company’s products and services.
- You will also be responsible for ensuring that customer orders are ready for collection when specified whilst ensuring minimum stock damage and accurate picking of stock for delivery.
- You will also be required to receive goods into the warehouse and correctly store them. As a part of you will also be required to have involvement in stock control and ensuring that stock levels are sufficient.
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
For the Showroom Assistant specifically it is important that you have:
- You should have some customer service experience. If you know what great services like, sounds like and feels like. That’s really, really important to us.
- A demonstrable knowledge of the importance of good customer care. An understanding of what is required of someone with good customer service skills (i.e. the difference between being empathetic and sympathetic).
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- You’ll be a personable and excellent team player.
- More importantly, we are looking for someone with the right attitude and behaviours. Someone who is eager to learn and really develop themselves and the service our company can offer.
What will I get in return?
As part of the wider Saint-Gobain group, CTD Tiles are able to offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package. In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within CTD Tiles or in one of the other 30+ businesses in the UK. Progression in Saint-Gobain isn’t always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate. The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- As an employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts on high street and leisure activities and various other benefits.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.
On occasion, we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly, to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome a diversity of applications irrespective of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.