Technical Lead at Award Winning Start-Up
We’re looking for an experienced Technical Lead to join our growing team. You will be responsible for designing and building out the systems architecture for the Jambo iOS and Android and website Apps, managing the technical team, setting KPIs and milestones and ensuring these are delivered. You will work closely with the CTO in creating the tools and data based insights needed to drive Jambo forward.
The successful candidate will be someone who is excited to tackle the challenge of designing systems that can remain reliable and responsive under periods of intense load as we scale. We're relatively early stage, so this is a great opportunity to come on board and design & build a scalable system that can support hundreds of thousands of concurrent users and build out the technical team.
If you have the experience we are looking for and the right to work in the UK, we’d love to hear from you. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to help in the expansion of a new company. Please be prepared to provide you CV and a link to your Github account as well as Apps / websites you have developed or been involved with.
Who are you?
You will be personable, have a passion for building new tech, a burning desire to work in a fast-paced, competitive, start-up environment and poses a strong commitment to getting stuff done. You won’t be shy of putting in the hours or getting your hands dirty – but we promise you will have a lot of fun and learn a lot with the team along the way!
?Roles and Responsibilities
• Work the along side our CTO to set the technical vision and help shape the technical strategy
• Manage the development team and overseeing the development of the product
• Manage and grow relationships with third party developers
• Work side-by-side with our business development and marketing teams to deliver business KPIs and milestones
• Oversee the maintenance and further development of the Jambo website and iOS/Android Apps
• Work with the development team to develop and build cloud-based experiences for clients
• Work with the development team to enhance the algorithm to run complex queries
• Develop and manage both automated and functional test scripts
• Experience of managing a technical development team
• Experience of the full software development process
• Automated and functional load testing and unit testing
• Knowledge of cloud solutions, in particular a track record using AWS.
• 5+ years experience with MySQL or Postgres databases
• Best practices and methodologies for software development and continuous delivery while working with teams.
• Familiarity with machine learning and statistics
• History of Open Source Development (Public repositories and willingness to contribute to other projects)
• Full Stack Development Experience for iOS and/or Android
• Experience writing complex matching algorithms
?Qualifications and Skills
• BSc 2:1 and above in Computer Science or related field
• Excellent team management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities
• Strong team leader and project management skills
• Ability to meet and deliver on tight deadlines
Who are we?We are Jambo, an award winning, high-growth London based start start-up. Using patent-pending technologies, we are creating a mobile-first enterprise platform that enables business professionals to quickly and easily connect with like-minded people nearby. Whether you are travelling for business, at a conference, or sitting in your office, Jambo helps you meet the people you want to meet.
We have a genuine passion for supporting businesses promote a more connected, informed workforce and helping business professionals to make the most of serendipitous moments to build their professionals networks. We're on a mission to make put humanity back into professional relationship development.
?Compensation and Benefits
• Salary: £50K - £65K
• Share Options: We’re early stage so you get to shape the destiny of the product and as the first permanent tech hire, you’ll get a good chunk of options in an ambitious startup, positioned in a growing market with experienced product-focused leadership and a strong, supportive board of directors.
• Fun Working Environment: Membership at WeWork, a beautiful, vibrant co-work space
• Flexible Working: We're well tuned to the fact that everyone needs a work/life balance. We positively encourage flexible working because we know you have a life outside of Jambo, even our Founders take a little time out to relax! We are a milestone focused start-up, so long as the job is done everyone is happy! Our goal is to build a happy, motivated team!