CBRE is seeking a London based Loan Asset Manager whose primary responsibility is supporting the management of CBRE’s growing EMEA 3rd party Loan portfolio of commercial real estate loans. The candidate is responsible for the monitoring, servicing and accounting of the loan portfolio. The position is expected to periodically provide inputs for budgets, cost recovery, income, business and operating issues, along with recommendations.
- Manages assigned commercial real estate loans in the UK and continental Europe and monitors their performance.
- Monitors the performance of properties securing the loans and their ability to support loan payments.
- Prepares CMSA and other reports with respect of the loans.
- Provides general customer service to lenders and borrowers.
- Performs research involving loan documents and servicing agreements.
- Evaluates and prepares recommendations for lender consent items on loan and real estate related issues.
- Responsible for the set-up of new loans in loan servicing system and maintains the integrity of loan information.
- Manages loan document files and document imaging.
- Monitors loan document compliance by borrowers, including maintenance of property insurance and submission of rent rolls and property operating statements.
- Prepares operating statement analyses, other collateral review activities.
- Special projects as required.
Desired Technical skills and experience
- Solid experience in UK & European real estate finance sector.
- Experience of executing real estate debt transactions within the UK & Europe for a broad range of transactions (across various asset classes as well as investment and development loans).
- Debt due diligence and transaction management expertise.
- Execution and documentation experience.
- Experience of structuring and negotiation of transaction terms.
- Excellent analytical skills, both commercial and financial including an advanced knowledge of financial modelling techniques.
- Ability to run your own analysis / models for transactions.
- Strong credit analysis skills and ability to present transactions to credit committees.
- Business development skills: borrower contacts and personal network to support loan origination.
- The ability to prepare and present financing proposals with the skill and experience to influence and overcome objections.
- Able to lead the completion of any financing including legal documentation.
- European languages (German, Dutch, Italian, French or other) an asset.
Desired interpersonal skills
- Strong client facing and communication skills (interacting with both investors and borrowers).
- Presentation skills.
- Team mentality.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with a minimum two years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.