A fantastic opportunity for a Nursery Apprentice has just become available within an outstanding Day Nursery.
Our client has been voted UK Nursery of the year 2015/16. They are open Monday to Friday and this opportunity to work and train within our clients very successful settings are the perfect first step into the Early Years Education sector.
Benefits to becoming a Nursery Educator within this setting:
- Free lunch, homemade by our cook
- Caring, supportive environment
- Regular time out of ratio to document and assess children's learning
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Sick pay and good attendance rewarded with extra holiday
- Long service rewards
- Unrivalled professional development - regular courses, seminars and visits to other nurseries
- Working alongside professional Artists and expert consultants
- Team building fun days, meals out, and social events
- The chance to attend the week long International Study Tour in REGGIOEMILIA in ITALY (all expenses paid)
- Career progression for the ambitious and hardworking
- Opportunities to be involved in our Training School for external professionals
The Nursery Apprentice is responsible to the Manager, Deputy Manager and Nursery Owner.
Duties will include:
- Adhering to the Policies & Procedures of the School and compliance with the Children Act, Health and Safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the National Standards. Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery.
- Working as part of a team to achieve the longer term goals of the nursery.
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Working with the Nursery Educators on planning and preparation of activities, to meet children’s individual needs, liaising with parents and negotiating working targets ensuring effective communication within the nursery.
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenge situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
- Keeping of development records and observations - where instructed and when assisting key workers.
- Positive management of children's behaviour.
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the environments and equipment.
- Providing a good role model for students and help new staff to fit into the nursery.
- Keeping accident, incident and risk assessment records as per nursery procedure.
- Supervision of meals and mealtimes and where appropriate preparation of babies bottles.
- Kitchen duties including preparation of snacks, meals, drinks, washing up and maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen. Adhering to the national food safety standards for food storage and preparation and filling in the SFBB manual.
- Attendance of planning and staff meetings as arranged by the Nursery Manager.
- Participating in regular parents' evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings.
- Making and contributing to documentation and display boards of children’s work to the manager’s specification.
- Assisting with Farm School, Forest School or trips when required.
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Nursery Manager, Deputy and Owner.
About the company:
Qualified and experienced Educators are wanted to work in this multi-award winning Nursery in the Horsham area. The site is based on a working farm and have their very own farm school containing chickens, quails, rabbits, guinea pigs, and even a micro-pig for you to interact with!
This is a full time Day Nursery and Forest School, which means all children over the age of 2.5 years are included in their Forest School sessions held every morning at their own private forest 5 minutes away.
The nursery has a lovely garden with mud-kitchen and an atelier space (creative studio) stocked with a host of high quality expressive materials such as clay, paints, sculpture materials, charcoals, pastels and lots more.
The nursery also looks out on a huge green playing field which they use for group games, picnics and events. And just down the road is a Country Park for walks and more adventures.
They have a high ratio of staff to children across the nursery and take providing high quality care, teaching and learning very seriously.
There is a dedicated Head of Family Support and a dedicated Head of Children’s and Adult’s Learning who work across both settings within this company.
This company invest heavily in professional development of staff at both nurseries because they know that they are the key to children thriving and providing a first class service to parents.
If you are truly passionate about children and want to be part of a new dynamic team that is looking for its future leaders, please do get in touch!
Our client is committed to Safeguarding and you will be expected to provide references and undergo DBS checks. You will also need to fill out an application form before attending an interview, this will be emailed to you once you have applied.