Lead Consultant - OD- Kingston Upon Thames
£43,638 per annum based at County Hall, Penrhyn Road, Kingston Upon Thames, KT1 2DW. This position is based inside one of our main area offices, click HERE to see a 360 degree view of the building and surrounding area along with a view of the reception.
Where possible, we offer flexible working, mobile phones and laptops. 24 days annual leave for full time staff or pro rata for part time staff. Local government salary-related pension offered, discounted child care vouchers as well as the option to join the car lease scheme. For more information, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
About the Role
What a great time to be joining the Organisational Development team at Surrey. A new chief executive is leading organisational wide transformation and we need a talented OD practitioner to help create the conditions for successful change.
The role is varied. You will ultimately own the design and implementation of key OD projects within the Council, commissioning external partners where necessary and also lead a small team of OD consultants. You will have a great opportunity to be highly influential amongst a senior client group and to truly effect change in an environment that touches most areas of society in one way or another.
We are a values-based organisation and the OD interventions will fully reflect this. We are looking for an individual who is passionate, innovative and can demonstrate extensive OD experience within a complex, highly matrixed organisation.
Not only will your knowledge and skills be put to good use at Surrey, but you will be joining a wider OD community within Orbis. Orbis the country’s largest collaborative network of like-minded support services partnering to support the three local authorities of Surrey and East Sussex County Councils, and Brighton and Hove City Council.
When applying please ensure that you refer to the full job description attached at the bottom of this advert.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 28th May 2018.
Interviews will be on 4th June 2018 and will be held at County Hall in Kingston.
Please note, if access to the GCSX (PSN) network is required for this role, a Basic Disclosure (DBS check) will be required to meet the Government Baseline Personnel Security Standards.
Equal Opportunity, Values and Behaviours
Orbis and Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under-represented groups.
We asked everyone across Orbis what words, values and behaviours they think will be crucial to Orbis' success. We then took these and shaped them into a set of statements that epitomise what everyone working within Orbis should strive towards. We call this 'being EPIC':
- Being seen as having Expertise
- Having Passion in what we do
- Being curious to deliver Innovation
- Having the Customer at the heart of everything that we do
The Orbis behaviours are what people experience when they interact. They encompass how we do our work and how we treat other.
- Make things happen - Taking ownership and accountability to deliver results
- Challenge the status quo - Always looking for opportunities to further improve
- Be customer centred - Delivering excellent services to our customers and residents, based on strong insight and relationships
- Achieve more together - Working with others to achieve more than could have been achieved alone
- Role model our Public Service values - Always behaving in a way that is consistent with the values unique to the Public Sector
- Lead by example - Consistently role modelling the Orbis behaviours
- Empower- leading in a way that enables others to take action and develop themselves
- Inspire and involve - Setting a clear direction and involving others in the achievement of it