Digital Content Executive
Job Title: Digital Content Executive
Group: Business Development
Hours/days of work:
9.30 – 5.30 One day per week (Monday)
Reporting To: Out-Law Editor andDigital Content Editor, Digital Team
Purpose of the role: Digital Content Executive 's primary role is to assist the Out-Law team and Digital Marketing team in providing the firm with high-quality and functional digital presence via the firm's websites, Out-Law.com and Pinsentmasons.com, and related material.
The Digital Content Executive will work with other teams across the firm such as IT, the KM E-Services team and the Events and CRM team as well as having frequent contact with lawyers and other stakeholders.
The role involves working closely via phone, email and video conference with colleagues around the UK and in our international offices. Most of the immediate team are based in Glasgow but other Pinsent Masons office locations including London, Manchester and Birmingham will be considered. Occasional travel may be required.
Support department information:
Out-Law.com: the Out-Law team is responsible for enhancing the firm's reputation and increasing the reach of its brand through the provision of news, guides and opinion on the business law issues facing client organisations at . Out-Law publishes a dozen news stories a day and maintains a database of over five hundred legal guides. It publishes via the web, email, RSS and social media networks. It is also involved in ensuring that the way it publishes fits in with and advances the firm's social media strategy.
Digital Marketing: the team is an integral part of the Business Development department which advises and supports the firm on all digital communications.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Out-Law publishing administration
· Uploading every Out-Law news story, opinion piece and guide
· Getting stories checked by the relevant lawyer
· Processing updates to guides or amendments to any piece of Out-Law content
· Basic content management system (CMS) admin, including: maintaining and updating the tagging system; maintaining and updating the 'key contacts' related to specific tags/pieces of content; admin for information architecture (eg creating new month and year folders)
· Content organisation and reorganisation: such as the re-tagging of content when Out-Law structure changes or new sections are created
· Identification and escalation of site/CMS issues
Out-Law general administration
· Process general queries: sending on to relevant contact.
· Assist with invoice processing and payment.
Digital Marketing and Pinsentmasons.com:
· Working to the Digital Content Editor, co-ordinate content updates received from stakeholders across the firm. This includes content for marketing campaigns, staff profiles, updates to legal sector and services information, events, and other information about the firm
· Monitoring the website mailbox and ensure timely responses to all enquiries
· Help to produce digital imagery including banners and other promotional material
· Work with the Marcomms team to support contributors across the firm and provide guidance on digital best practice
· Monitoring, reporting and resolution of issues which occur on the website
· Archive and backup content (where this is not automatic).
Qualifications & Experience
· Minimum two years' digital publishing experience
· Working in a fast paced publishing or marketing environment an advantage
· Professional services experience an advantage
· Good English language and grammar skills.
· Experience handling multi-language website content in German, French and/or Chinese desirable but not essential
· Excellent organisational, communication and administrative skills
· Proven ability to use own initiative and work without supervision
· Meticulous eye for detail and accuracy
· Digital skills including use of content management systems (ideally Episerver and / or Sitecore), Google Analytics, social media platforms
· Knowledge of HTML and web development and advantage but not essential
· Graphic design / Photoshop experience an advantage but not essential
· Good IT skills – knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
· A genuine enjoyment of organising information and teams
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent project and time management skills
· Exhibits approach and behaviours consistent with firm values of 'approachable', 'bold' and 'connected'
· Enthusiasm for working as part of a team
· 'Can do' approach to work with a willingness to get involved and help out where and when needed.
· Exhibits approach and behaviours consistent with the firm's core values of 'approachable', 'bold' and 'connected'.
· Willingness to travel between offices to support a national team