Information Governance Officer
Interim Information Governance Officer
Sellick Partnership are recruiting on behalf of an established NHs organisation, for an Information Governance Officer, on an interim basis.
As the Information Governance Officer, you will support the organisations strategy and programme of work, ensuring the legal and ethical use of information within the organisation through standards-based systems and training in order to provide the assurance that statutory and regulatory obligations are being met in this important area.
Key responsibilities of the Information Governance Officer:
- To support the Information Governance Manager in delivering the information governance agenda to the organisation
- Provide specialist advice and assistant to staff where required on areas of complex information governance legislation
- To ensure that this specialist knowledge is kept up to date and changes in legislation or national and local policy are communicated effectively to staff at all levels of the organisation
- To be responsible for the Information Governance training programme, including planning and liaison with the education department for the delivery of training sessions
- Assist in developing policies and procedures
- Maintain a register of local GPs and safe haven fax numbers, publishing regular updates on the intranet
- Support IG awareness raising programme and take responsibility for the Information Governance Communication strategy
- Maintain a log of queries received and provide a total of all monthly IG queries to the IG Group
Required skills and experience of the Information Governance Officer:
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to specific deadlines
- Effective communication skills, including liaising with staff at all levels
- Understanding of Information Governance and Confidentiality
- Knowledge of Information Governance roles within the organisation
- NHS experience is an essential requirement of this role, within an Information Governance capacity
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Accounts Assistant role, please apply now, or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership.
Disclaimer: Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.