Rutherford Briant are recruiting for an Assistant Accountant in in Stowmarket. Our client is a market leader in their industry and well known globally. The successful candidate will work closely with internal customers to provide accurate, timely and informative management information and financial analysis
- Responsibility for accruals and prepayments for various Group companies.
- Monthly review of sundry accounts and reallocation of transactions if appropriate.
- Review and adjustment of monthly overhead statements alongside budget holders.
- Prepare and submit VAT report to HMRC in a timely manner.
- Prepare and submit Intrastats and EC Sales reports.
- Maintenance of the Fixed Assets register, liaising with project managers on completion dates and updating design reviews where necessary.
- Weekly and monthly reporting for Asset Based Lending (ABL) facility and production of submissions to the bank.
- Support Management Accountant in provision of debtor information to both bankers (quarterly) and the statutory auditors (annually).
- Petty cash and foreign bank reconciliations.
- Provide holiday cover for both Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Controllers.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
The ideal candidate will be working towards their AAT and study support is provided. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company where you can progress and develop in your career.