We have an exciting opportunity for an Underwriter to join our growing team here at OneSavings Bank.
OSB are a challenger bank who specialise in specialist lending and retail savings. We’ve experienced significant growth over the last few years, with our UK employee base more than trebling to what is now approaching 500 staff.
This role sits within one of our business’, InterBay Commerical, which is a specialist commercial mortgage lender who offer outstanding service to customer tailored situations.
The primary purpose of an Underwriter is to facilitate and progress mortgage applications, within the assigned mandate level, through to mortgage offer, in line with the Bank’s operating procedures and policies.
As an Underwriter, you will:
- Underwrite allocated applications to offer, requesting further information from relevant stakeholders where required
- Offer mortgages to approved borrowers within assigned mandate level
- Request any outstanding information if required
- Communicate with intermediaries by telephone and in writing, handling objections and providing objective feedback to any questions
- Support the completions consultant with any technical queries
Why come to work for us?
You’d be joining OSB during an exciting time of significant growth, with ongoing opportunity for career progression. We have excellent testimonials of progression within the Underwriting group and would love for you to be part of our future!
The added extras
- The salary associated with the role would be based on your relevant experience, with the range being between £26,000 - £30,000
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays (can purchase an additional 5 days holiday)
- Access to discounts from Perkbox
- Save as you earn scheme
- An annual 5% discretionary bonus opportunity
- Supportive and progressive environment, with significant coaching and training opportunities
Am I suitable for this role?
You’ll be a motivated, customer focussed and conscientious individual who is able to say 'yes’ to the following questions:
- Do you have existing experience in a mortgage administration or underwriting role?
- Do you have experience working in financial services?
- Do you have intermediate skills in Microsoft Word and Excel?
If so and you’re interested in the opportunity to join OSB, please click the 'Apply’ button and send us your CV.
At OneSavings Bank, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatment because of any protected characteristic.
All applicants must have rights to work in the UK.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.