Our finance team are looking to support the function with an additional Finance Assistant to join the team here in London.
About Secret Escapes
Secret Escapes is the UK’s biggest members-only website that runs best-in-market flash sales of four and five-star hotels and holidays worldwide. We offer our members exclusive rates of up to 70% off.
We're looking for grafters and self-starters to join the gang, who can keep up with the pace and want to make a difference. We still work in relatively small teams, so there's no room for coasting along. We're friendly, happy, and most importantly, we work hard. We're not afraid to get our hands dirty and we're all madly passionate about our brand.
Questions you will help answer OR Problems we are trying to solve
We make payments. Lots of payments! As Secret Escapes continues its rapid growth we are investing and systems and software to enable us to grow and control this growth as efficiently and scalably as possible. As our total turnover we need to make sure we are ready and able to proactively solve our internal stakeholders and external suppliers’ needs. To do this we need to understand the hotel payments process and our financial tech deeply; to be able to spot and address payment issues before they arise and to enable the wider SE ship to keep sailing without a hitch!
Things you’ll be working on
- Answer the supplier's queries related to our payment process, due dates, commission to ensure the process is straightforward and runs smoothly
- Reconcile payment requests/ supplier statements to our system to ensure that we make the necessary adjustments and pay the correct amount of money
- Maintain updated supplier database
- Ensure that payments are processed promptly, and payment confirmation emails are sent out
- Keep our internal trackers accurate and updated
- Other ad hoc reports and tasks e.g. quarterly EC Sales reporting, supplier-specific statistics
How the magic happens
We’re a team of energetic people focused on ensuring the Secret Escapes’ suppliers are kept happy through prompt payments! We thrive on keeping the whole operation squeaky clean, smooth and as effective as possible. We have invested in best of class financial software – NetSuite - and are starting to leverage this successfully to make our department (and therefore the whole company) slicker, faster and more transparent. We are always looking forward as well, we want people to contribute ideas towards improvements and who will help drive us towards achieving our targets.
The deal breakers
- Great Excel skills (very good working knowledge of VLookup and PivotTables is required)
- Fluent in English (German as well would be amazing, any another foreign language would be beneficial)
- Solid understanding of basic accounting payable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records (NetSuite experience beneficial)
- Cleared to work in the UK/EU
- Experience in a similar position and in a dynamic multi-national environment is beneficial
And you are…
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail is imperative
- Ability prioritize and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Meticulous, organised
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic and driven
- Willing to adapt and pick up new techniques
Things you should know
We are a team with very little turnover, diverse and full of friendly faces. Be prepared for random trivia moments and a much more modern approach to finance.