Salary negotiable up to £35,000
Purpose of the Job:
Assist with the development of new hardware products and support the existing hardware portfolio to include bringing exciting new and innovative products to market. A vast majority of this role is centered around the development of firmware, with the remainder being focused on hardware support and design
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 3+ years' commercial experience
- Firmware development and testing (C/C++/Assembly) plus Micro Controllers
- Experience with comms protocols for communicating with hardware (RS232/I2C/SPI/TCP-IP)
- Good all-round electronics hardware design skills, including some of the following:
- Ability to create test rigs and prototypes to carry out product evaluations
- Experience of sensor technologies an advantage (IR/US/GPS/Image/RFID/NFC)
- Knowledge of EMC and certification process an advantage
- Design of low power/analogue/digital electronics circuitry
- Schematic capture, PCB layout, simulation, manufacturing process and methods
- Knowledge of CAD (Easy PC)
- Innovative and able to identify opportunity.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of responsibility and professionalism.
- Essential to be able to work to short deadline scenarios, as well as being flexible and dynamic with workload and work type.