Are you a nursery nurse looking for a job opportunity in Salford? We are looking for a nursery nurse with a strong childcare background to work in our Salford nurseries. We are looking for full time and part time members of staff and were currently offering flexible hours to completely work around you.
Summary of the role:
- To plan age appropriate activities and experiences for children aged 3 months to 4 years..
- To ensure a high standard in all areas of care and education for children aged 3 months to 5 years.
- To support other nursery assistants to gain full engagement from the children.
- To prepare and carry out children's records and assessments and to formulate and operate the daily/weekly planning of age appropriate activities and experiences.
- To abide by the company's health and safety policy by taking all practical and reasonable steps to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all who use the premises.
- To have a full understanding of all safeguarding policy and procedures.
- To maintain high levels of confidentiality at all times, including company business and any information regarding children or parents.
- Undertake certain domestic duties within nursery i.e. preparation of food, equipment, general cleaning and laundry duties.
- To attend and participate during regular parent's evenings and staff meetings outside normal working hours.
- To undertake additional training as necessary, attend and participate in personal development programmes, supervisions and appraisals.
- Work alongside the management staff team, undertaking reasonable tasks, where necessary for the continuation of high quality care and safety within the nursery.
- To lead by example and act as a role model to nursery assistants, students and volunteers and support their individual training requirements.
- At all times abide by the welfare requirements and Early Years Foundation as laid down by OFSTED.
- Experience of working with young children.
- NVQ level 3 in Early Years Childcare and Education or equivalent is preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of keyworker systems and record keeping.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Thorough understanding of child protection issues and processes.
- Thorough understanding of equal opportunities for children, colleagues and parents.
- Awareness of health and safety and practical hygiene issues.
- Ability to be a good role model to colleagues, motivate them and work with them.
- Ability to use initiative.
- Willing to learn new skills and undertake continuous professional development.
If you are interested in this role please call Claire on , send your CV to or apply below.