SEN Teaching Assistant Required for Primary School
Teaching Personnel are seeking to appoint as soon as possible, a Teaching Assistant to support a child with Social, Emotional Mental Health Needs (SEMH) and Special Educational Needs (SEN) to work at a primary school on the outskirts of Truro.
* We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and highly motivated individual to work alongside the class teacher to support a child with social, emotional mental health needs and special educational needs across all areas of the curriculum.
* To promote inclusion through the development of social skills, language and emotional well-being.
* To work under the direction of the class teacher and liaise with other professionals both within and outside the school.
* You will be expected to show a high degree of initiative and be able to react to given situations with integrity and compassion.
* Experience of supporting children with social and emotional needs is essential including managing challenging behaviours and the ability to defuse and de-escalate behaviour, whilst supporting the child to reach their learning potential.
* Experience of working with children on the autistic spectrum is desirable.
You will initially be required to work supporting the child in a Key Stage 2 class.
The position is temporary attached to the individual child.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.