Engineering Director / Network Engineering Director
Job Title: Engineering Director
Location: Burgess Hill, West Sussex
Job type: Permanent, Full time
The Company, one of the world's leading providers of financial services, is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high-performers. This is a great opportunity to join the Global Network Technology (GNT) team where they partner with the Global Network Operations (GNO) team to allow banking institutions globally to issue their cards and process their transactions.
The successful candidate will be a versatile, business savvy techy leader with deep software engineering hands on experience who will collaborate with business stakeholders, product teams and cross functional technology groups to drive continuous delivery of product features and functionality in a highly mature agile environment.
- Leading a large Agile engineering team.
- Ensure alignment of strategy, architecture, tools/methods with software engineers and architects to execute product roadmaps.
- Able to do hands on coding especially as it relates to the development of proof of concepts and implementing strategic features and functionality.
- Supply technical leadership and apply best practices to further leading edge technology solutions within the Payments industry domain.
- Be a thought leader in advanced architecture design.
- Liaise effectively with the product teams and establish highly collaborative, productive, partnerships with stakeholders.
- Develop culture enabling high employee engagement and cohesive, collaborative teams across domains and locations.
- Collaborate with a wide variety to stakeholders within business and technology teams to drive change required to execute product roadmaps.
- Coach, guide and promote creation of high quality, clearly documented, and compliant deliverables across engineering teams.
- Enable integrated teams to deliver technology solutions in support of key product initiatives by working closely with product managers, technical project managers, architects, engineers, and quality assurance.
- Lead a team in an environment which includes modern web frameworks, continuous integration/continuous delivery tool chains, and the full software development lifecycle.
- Extensive hands-on technical experience in Java software development.
- Experience leading and motivating high performance Agile product engineering teams including performance management
- Experience in development of highly scalable, high performance full stack applications using a variety of technologies, with specific expertise in:
- Enterprise Java (including advanced design patterns, common libraries such as JAX-RS, Spring MVC, Spring JDBC and application servers including JBoss EAP);
- Distributed Databases: Oracle, NOSQL (Couchbase or Cassandra);
- Web Services: RESTful, SOAP;
- Requires advanced knowledge and understanding of architecture, applications systems design and integration with a detailed understanding of applicable programming methodologies.
- Must have a thorough understanding of scalable, secure and robust n-tier architectures for achieving end-to-end performance, scalability, availability, reliability, usability, configurability, integration and security.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Service Orientated Architectures and web service integration standards (RESTful, SOAP) as well as the security considerations when using such implementations. Experience in development of applications with microservice architectures is an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required, with ability to create and deliver effective presentations to upper management and Technical Architects across the organization.
- Proven ability to participate in, and contribute simultaneously to, multiple work streams including planning, logistics, communication, and follow up across a diverse and virtual team.
- Demonstrated financial management skills and responsibility for financial plans through strong analytical skills, problem identification and resolution, and delivery of business value using creative and effective approaches
- Strong focus on customers and clients with a proven history of exceeding customers' expectations
- Experience in the Payment Network domain is a HUGE plus!
Talk to their people and you'll find out what they're really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you'll hear. It's their culture that makes it such an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why they regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World's Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor's 2017 Best Places to Work. If you're ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career there.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the Company's careers page.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Engineering Director, Engineering Manager, Network Engineering Director, Network Engineering Manager, Development Team Manager, Senior Software Engineer, Senior Software Developer, Software Developer, Web Developer, IT Developer, Programmer, Network Technology Team Manager, Director of Network Technology, Network Engineering Director may also be considered for this role.