Business Change Project Manager
Established in the UK in 2007, Santander Operations provides Operational Services to more than 14 million Santander UK customers (4.6 million 1 | 2 | 3 World customers), and 600,000 business and corporate customers. With over 3,000 employees, Santander Operations is based at over 10 UK sites supporting over 800 Santander UK branches.
We are currently recruiting an exciting Business Change Project Manager initially on a FTC until end of the 2018 but may well be extended.
Chief Information & Change Office (CICO) team is responsible for managing end-to-end Santander Operations change and administration of structural systems across a broad and varied subject matter.
We manage change across all the business units that form part of Santander Operations from small marketing initiatives up to major integration projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and delivery of, potentially, multiple and complex projects linking in with colleagues from the Bank (including IT functions), and the various business and support areas of Santander Operations, as necessary.
This will include supporting the business to ensure benefits are delivered and projects appropriately handed over into BAU.
Delivering through local impacted Business Managers and technical specialists, significant stakeholder management, support and coaching is required. Projects will be managed for the full end-to-end lifecycle and will be subject to very challenging timescales.
The chief focus of the role will be the Santander Operations-wide management and delivery of the full migration from all existing Debit Card products from our existing scheme provider Visa, over to the new Mastercard proposition.
As such this will be a significant requirement, offering the opportunity for the successful candidate to lead an interesting and challenging project, working very closely with both Santander Operations colleagues and also stakeholders from outside of Santander Operations including 3rd parties.
The individual must show clear leadership capabilities whilst at the same time able to work as a team player. They must take ownership of deliverables and apply rigorously the internal methodologies whilst also being adaptive to changing circumstances
The Role, Key Responsibilities and Relationships
- Managing Projects/Initiatives
- Full lifecycle end to end project management and delivery of multiple large and / or complex projects including:
- Scoping, definition, benefits analysis and prioritisation
- Project Planning and resource impact analysis
- Risk and Issue management and resolution
Communications / training
- Roll out planning and execution
- Benefit analysis and post implementation lessons
- The role will involve working with multiple and senior stakeholders onshore and offshore up to director level
Supporting the Business Operation
- Develops appropriate solutions working in partnership with the Santander Operations areas, shared support areas and the Bank (including IT functions)
- Ensures that all solutions complement and enhance current business practices, targets and culture.
Continuous Business Improvement
- Undertakes analysis to support all identified opportunities
- Delivers investment appraisal
- Develops innovative solutions to facilitate achievement of the Santander Operations mission and objectives and meet business needs
- Produces high level reports in support of recommended initiatives
- Effectively presents and discusses cases with Senior Management
- Develops and manages effective processes for monitoring implementation
- Establish and maintain relations with key stakeholders across the business.
- Maintains and extends a comprehensive range of key internal and external contacts, to provide input to the full range of business initiatives.
- Actively promotes close and harmonious relationships with all members of the team.
- Indirect management of internal colleagues through leading projects, ensuring team members are contributing effectively.
If this high profile and interesting project manager role would suit you , please do not hesitate to apply online today.