Project Engineer - Electrical Projects
Project Engineer - Electrical Projects
Circa £38-50000 (Dependent upon Experience) + Benefits & Bonus
Cardiff, South Wales
Commutable from South Wales, Cardiff, Bristol, Gloucestershire, Monmouth, Ross on Wye
Our client is a multisite division of large and well-respected FTSE 100 international group operating a heavy processing and manufacturing facility at a plant in South Wales. The sector is currently undergoing growth with major national projects underway and more about to come on stream.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Project Engineer within the Projects Department based at our client's manufacturing/processing Plant. You will report to a Senior Projects Engineer. The focus will be the development of a reliability culture to achieve strategic continuous improvement objectives. You would be responsible for specifying and coordinating the implementing complex and strategic projects, inclusion development, sustainability and CAPEX
You will be expected to carry out some development work and improvement projects including safety and environmental issues. This role is ideally suited to an existing Engineer with proven supervisory experience. Working in close coordination with the plant operations teams and contractors to ensure the successful planning and implementation of projects to optimise plant efficiency and productivity.
- Proactively manage the health and safety performance and behaviours of the team and contractors to continuously improve practices and standards
- Ensure that Risk Assessments, Safety Training Observation Programme assessments and Permit to Work isolations are fully utilised and adhered to at all times
- Support and promote Housekeeping and Safety Action Days
- Contribute to and review the project proposal or plan to determine time frame, identifying limitations, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements and allocation of available resources to various phases of each project, including CAPEX applications.
- Support Maintenance department as and when required.
- Step into an operational role if required
- Experience as a project manager in project execution from preparing the feasibility study to implementation
- Manage some non-electrical Projects
- Efficiently allocate the scheduled work to ensure the best use of resources
- Analyse and propose solutions for recurring problems of equipment reliability or problems concerning safety and work conditions
- Ensure that all relevant information is recorded following completion of work orders for entry into Maximo
- Liaise effectively with other departments and managers through good lines of communication and to ensure maintenance of good team working principles
- Provide out of hours technical support be on the Electrical Call out Rota.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required which include Reliability Committee
- Safety and Equipment Shutdown meetings
- Attend training courses, coaching sessions deemed necessary to aid personal development
The Candidate will possess the following qualification and experience:
- Electrical Apprenticeship.
- HNC/HND or degree in relevant electrical and engineering subject.
- Electrical specific qualifications such as 17th edition.
- City &Guilds 2392 desirable
- High Voltage Appoint Person desirable.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques is desirable.
- Siemens S7 PLC working knowledge desirable
- IOSH managing safely or NEBOSH is desirable
- At least 5 years electrical and process control experience in a continuous process heavy industry
- In depth knowledge of practical engineering operations
- Technical knowledge of preventive, predictive and systematic maintenance ie databases, CMMS, project software etc
- Reliable /independent and flexible approach able to foster team spirit and pride for the work within their electrical projects team.
- A good aptitude for field work and a strong motivation to be involved in the maintenance tasks required and drive repairs and improvements.
- Accurate and meticulous.
- Drive reliability, fault find and contribute to solutions and continuous improvement.
- Prepared to take on board constructive advice and criticism.
- Understand the bigger picture of the plant aims and goals.
- Ability to react to unplanned tasks of varying priorities and work across all disciplines
- You may be an existing engineer, team leader or supervisor or a projects engineer wishing to develop your career.
To apply without delay, please submit your CV online.