Reporting Accountant - 12 month FTC
Varied role to provide reporting and analysis as well as contributions towards the control environment. Duties will include the provision of MI, supporting the audit process and quality monitoring, testing and reporting to identify areas of improvement.
Our client are a large, globally recognised Financial Services organisation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as accounting and controls subject matter expert
- Providing local, group and regulatory reporting
- Technical oversight and review
- Preparation of accurate and well-presented MI to drive operational performance and support business decisions
- Contribution to the control environment in accordance with standards, ensuring processes are compliant with the overall control environment (and communicated appropriately where they are not)
- Supporting the audit (internal and external) process for financial operations
- Identifying areas of improvement and mitigating possible risk of errors due to inefficient processes and ineffective systems
- Involvement in quality monitoring, testing and reporting on the effectiveness of processes and controls
- Working as part of the team to achieve targets and operational goals to timetable by embracing a culture of continuous improvement
- Supporting offshore teams
The successful candidate will:
Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA - candidates who are qualified by experience will also be considered)
- Have a rounded Finance skill-set, with exposure to financial accounting and financial analysis
- Be able to quickly interpret and evaluate data
- Have an awareness of financial risk
- Have a knowledge of financial systems and business platforms (SAP experience will be advantageous)
- Ideally have prior experience in a Financial Services environment, with a background knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations
- Be available immediately or within a maximum of 8 weeks
Our client are looking to bring two candidates on board in similar roles, initially on 12 month FTCs. Prompt start dates are on offer for the successful applicants.