Childcare - Apprenticeship
Job title: Childcare - Apprenticeship
Location: Canning Town, E16
Wage: £160 Per Week
Start date: ASAP
Apprenticeship courses available: Childcare, L2-3
My client is a privately owned nursery, with children registered from 6months to children under the age of 8. The setting operates each weekday, throughout the year, from 8am to 6pm, except for closures on bank holidays, one week during Christmas also two planned staff training. A maximum of 52 children can attend the nursery at any one time, both full time and part time children attend.
- On-the-job training resulting in a nationally recognised certificate
- Competitive apprentice wage
- Career guidance with opportunities for progression
- Retail discounts
- Discounted travel
Job duties and responsibilities:
- To have an understanding of children's development, their needs and the provision of positive play
- To demonstrate a genuine care for children.
- To care for and supervise the group of children assigned to them.
- To ensure their safety at all times.
- To take an interest in the children and their families, to treat them as individuals and with respect at all times.
- To create an interesting and stimulating environment for the child to develop all their skills.
- To provide at all times a warm and caring environment for babies and to be as consistent as possible regarding that environment.
- To provide support for any children with special needs and to liaise with senior members of staff to promote their welfare and development
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Able to work well as part of a team and when using own initiative
- Good communication skills, both spoken and written
- Excellent punctuality including good attendance and time keeping
- Willingness to learn and progress
- Passion for working with children of pre-school age
- Confident and friendly, being able to think of new ideas and sharing these appropriately
At Apprenticeship Connect we take the time to get to know our applicants as individuals and understand their career aspirations, potential and skills. Our talent partners match our candidates to the best opportunities to help them flourish.
Apply now to begin your career.