Head of Modern Languages French and Spanish
Required from September 2018, we are seeking to appoint an outstanding Head of MFL
Ashcroft High School is an 11-16 mixed comprehensive school with 1245 students. We were judged to be good with outstanding leadership and management by Ofsted in January 2018. Our students come from a wide range of ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds; this diversity creates an interesting range of exciting opportunities and educational challenges.
The school's work is based on the values expressed in our school motto:
- A learning community
- Driven by high expectations and
- Respect for all
Required from September 2018, we are seeking to appoint an outstanding Head of MFL, who has a track record of raising attainment and delivering outstanding lessons. Modern Languages is a highly popular and successful subject at the school, within a very supportive and friendly department. This vacancy arises due to the relocation of the current post holder.
The successful candidate should:
- be an outstanding teacher with the ability to model best practice in the classroom.
- have excellent leadership skills with the ability to establish strong relationships with students and colleagues.
- have a proven track record in raising standards and achievement in MFL.
- be innovative and a strategic thinker, able to turn ideas and opportunities into successful practice.
The successful candidate will:
- be expected to continue to raise attainment in MFL across both key stages, leading to strong outcomes.
- be expected to lead and develop a team of committed teachers and support staff to strengthen the subject.
- have the opportunity to work closely alongside the Headteacher and SLT in making a major contribution to whole-school development.
- be in a key post in a school where professional development is encouraged and supported.
Ashcroft High School:
- Is a high achieving school with students regularly achieving above expected outcomes.
- Has a friendly and supportive group of colleagues.
- Has undergone an £18 million building programme to produce a bright, vibrant learning environment.
At Ashcroft High School we are looking for talented teachers who are able to make a strong contribution to the faculty and to the school as a whole. This is an excellent school in which to take your first step into middle leadership or to extend your leadership experience via a focus on whole-school improvement.
All staff are provided with laptops. The school has very generous ICT facilities and a well-established learning platform.
Ashcroft High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click or 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Brett Coventry on .