Finance Business Partner
- Work for a world-leading university.
- Be part of an exciting new team.
This university is a world renowned institution who have consistently finished top of the university rankings over the last 5 years. They are growing at a great pace and with the projects they have on the horizon this is truly a great time to get involved in this organisation. They are looking for a strong, dynamic business partner to help them achieve their long term strategy.
- Operating within the finance department the successful candidate will be the Finance Business Partner for the Research, Innovation, and Knowledge Exchange departments. They will work closely with Budget Holders / Project Owners / Principal Investigators and Head of Department, providing them with financial information to inform, influence and support current and future decision making.
- The successful candidate will be required to apply detailed and expert knowledge of award policies, procedures and processes in order to deliver consistent support. This will involve supporting the Principal Investigators (pre and post award) ensuring research grants and contracts are managed within financial regulations.
- To assist and advise on the production of accurate and timely budgets, forecasts and monthly management accounts, providing critical review and interpretation of results, value-add analysis, explanation of variances and early identification of potential issues / opportunities and, where necessary, work with staff to identify remedial actions.
- Must be a fully qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA, or CIFPA).
- It would be advantageous to have experience of project accounting (ideally within a Higher Education institution / Full Economic Costing Environment) and financial planning.
- It would be advantageous to have experience of working and providing financial support to a Research Team.
- Must have produced management accounts.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and have a proven track record of building and maintaining strong relationships.
£45,000 - £50,000
25 days annual leave + additional time off at Easter and Christmas
A contributory defined benefit pension scheme and interest free season ticket loan are available.