Branch Manager – Jewson Builders Merchants - Congleton
Backed by a well-respected organisation, working as a Branch Manager for one of the largest Building Merchants in the UK you’ll build strong relationships with staff and customers as you ensure sales and productivity targets are met and the highest standards of service are upheld.
Our branch managers maximise profitability through building successful working relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers, and colleagues; whilst ensuring the branch operates in a safe manner and in line with all company policies and procedures.
So are you up for handling the ultimate, frontline responsibility for a business and its goals? Could you help sustain a world class reputation? Then apply today!
What will I be doing in the role?
In the role as a Branch Manager you will;
- Build and maintain effective relationships with the wider branch network to establish Jewson as an effective and profitable provider of building materials to its target customers.
- You will empower your team and get the best out of every single team member. You will ensure the branch delivers excellent customer service and provides first class customer interaction.
- People leadership is essential therefore you'll ensure a robust people resource plan is developed and implemented. We ensure change is managed positively to deliver continuous improvement.
- You'll work with specialist teams to monitor stock levels and ensure delivery of customer orders is optimised to achieve the highest level of return on sales vs cost
- You will champion health and safety and the wellbeing of your team
- Maintain own knowledge and to deliver a consistently great experience to customers to meet the requirements and standards of Jewson and the wider Saint Gobain brand.
Am I who you are looking for?For the Branch Manager specifically it is important that you:
- You will have a background in management and face to face sales where you have achieved over and above the targeted results.
- A superior focus on the customer is an inherent part of your character, you'll also have experience of meeting Training and Competence requirements and be fully accustomed to using office and sales support systems.
- Have had exposure within the trade although we’ll offer full product training. So whether you come from a DIY, Plumbing, Timber or Insulation merchant or from outside of the industry, we know you’ll have a lot to offer and we’ll have a lot to offer you.
- Great commercial and financial awareness
- You will have a full, current and valid driver’s license owing to the occasional travel in the role.
- But most of all, you will share our 100% dedication to delivering excellent customer care.
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A company car, laptop and mobile phone
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday (increasing to 33 with service)
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your ‘pre-tax' pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
- As an employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.
On occasion, we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly, to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome a diversity of applications irrespective of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.