6 Month Contract
Working as part of a development team to provide front- and back-end web development skills and activity, for digital applications used across L&G in order to meet the strategic objectives of the organization, and drive overall quality improvements to our websites and digital applications.
Apart from developing enterprise solutions, you will also work on short and fast paced proof of concepts and demo projects, showing off the versatility and functionality of our product to internal stakeholders.Principal Accountabilities:
- Develop and test front-end web pages, functionality and styling to meet designs and complex requirements, and deliver strategic business objectives.
- Develop and test back-end web applications and business services to meet designs and complex requirements, and deliver strategic business objectives.
- Configure and extend development tools and frameworks, build and test tools where required.
- Support development colleagues with peer review activity as required.
- Participate in agile scrum ceremonies including sprint planning, providing estimates and updates for development activity.
- Working as part of the development team to help understand and shape business requirements.
- Working with the development team and QA Lead to help devise, plan and document tests.
- Utilising and championing agile technical practices; TDD, Continuous Integration/Delivery, pair programming, refactoring, emergent design.
- Introducing Open Source products and tools as appropriate to optimise the delivery timescale and quality of the software product.
Essential Skills and Experience Required:
- A strong interest in and passion for technology, web design and user experience
- An understanding of cross-browser compatibility and responsive web design
- A general understanding of test driven development (TDD) and the benefits of developing in this way
- A general understanding of software testing and why it's important
- A supportive, communicative and collaborative approach to working in a team
- An understanding of the different drivers and needs of customers, distributors and partners
- An understanding of key organisational structures, frameworks and core processes
- An understanding of digital/web development or product delivery
- Educated to degree level or demonstrable experience in software development (e.g. projects on Github)