We are looking for a Product Manager to join the London office.
You will work with the Product Director to understand the needs of the client, and gather the requirements on not just what they say they want, but what they really need. You’ll be guided by the product lead but be responsible for all outputs on your product.
Working hand in hand with the commercial lead and product lead you attend client meetings to discuss the product needs and the proposed solution; including market forces, the company pain points, marketing of the product and overall strategy of the company and the specific product.
You’ll work with the 2 leads to feed this information back to clients and confirm all assumptions and hypotheses.
You will be responsible for creating the user stories, persona, lifecycles and flows in the product as well as either overseeing or creating wireframes and interacting with the design team to make the wireframes into draft designs and final designs.
You will oversee the build process, using Scrum, Kanban or Waterfall methodologies and you will be responsible for making sure the QA and the Product Owner (if applicable) are clear in their work load and their specific tasks to help you deliver the sprint and complete build process.
You will be responsible for estimation of work and the communication of the work, stories and tickets to the development team in a clear and unambiguous way. You’ll oversee testing of your product.
You will be working on 2/3 client projects at a time, which whilst interesting will also be demanding and you’ll need to be able to clearly prioritize your time and efforts.
Skills Wireframing, Software, JIRA, Product Manager, Agile Scrum, Agile Kanban, Balsamiq / Axure-RD
- On a typical day, you may be:
- Attending client meetings (typically remotely, by phone or Skype)
- Documenting meeting outcomes
- Analysing client requirements
- Documenting client requirements
- Writing user stories from documented requirements
- Writing acceptance criteria for user stories
- Developing wireframes
- Creating user flows
- Researching competitors and competitor products
- Conducting end user research
- Manually testing acceptance criteria from user stories
- Working with product managers to refine and agree scope and detail of tasks
- Helping product team with product related work as necessary
Steer73 are a small company. The most important factor in our hiring is that we get on. The company has more than tripled in size over the last year, so while we remain small and dynamic, we are growing quickly
We have a flat management structure, and we look for people who want to get things done, are comfortable making decisions, take ownership of their roles and want to progress their own skill set.
The big benefit of joining Steer73 is the chance to work on high profile, meaningful projects for a wide range of clients and industries as part of a business with deep and cross sectoral expertise.
Skills & Tools
- You will need to be able to deliver accurate and detailed documentation, and your skills will reflect this.
- Essential Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Highly analytical
- Excellent attention to detail
- Full SDLC experience
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum / Kanban
- Ability to write user stories
- Ability to write acceptance criteria
- QA testing
- JIRA, Confluence
- Excel, Word
- Balsamiq / Axure-RD