Project Manager (6 month contract)
Our client are a specialist engineering company. New market growth is why they now require a Project manager on a 6 month contract.
- The role exists to provide engineering expertise and project management support to Engineering.
- Particularly to manage new product development and drive existing projects.
- Project manage the new project development of products.
- Close work with Production, Planning and Engineering to ensure creation and adherence to plans.
- Maintain project reporting for NPD projects and improve current system.
- Technical support to other departments to ensure business operations are not impacted by NPD.
- Problem solving in response to requests from colleagues on a day to day basis, usually with the objective of providing results/feedback within short timescales.
- Technical liaison with customers and suppliers to establish mutually agreeable operation methods.
- Taking care of the 'detail' in relation to strategic issues in order to provide clear, logical information.
- You will be Educated to degree level in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Must have post grad experience in a Mechanical Engineering role or equivalent.
- Experience of engineering processes in a metal forming is beneficial.
- Experience/knowledge of a variety of engineering processes.
- Experience of Project Management.
- Able to build models using 3D CAD (Solidworks or equivalent).
- Able to use normal suite of office software to an advanced level (Excel, Outlook, MS Project).
- Able to lead a project team.