Responsible to: Procurement and Planning Director / Contracts Director
Salary: Negotiable, Competitive
Main Purpose of the job:Â Produce metal fabrications within the Workshop.
Longworth is one of the UK's leading envelope contractors, offering a complete turnkey service of design, installation and project management. We are currently going through a period of exceptional growth with a strong order book for the next 2 years. We are currently celebrating our 150th year anniversary and the company is run so that we will be here for another 150 years.
The post holder will:
1. Fabricate and assemble sheet metal products.
2. Assist with the design and construct customer samples.
3. Assist with maintaining stock inventory.
4. Assist with the maintenance of all equipment.
5. Complete weekly timesheets to ensure job costs areÂ allocated accurately.
6. Operate the forklift truck to load and unload goods andÂ materials - (if appropriate licence is held).
7. Ensure proper safety practices are followed, monitoredÂ and enforced.
8. To assist in determining the Workshop prioritisation and task allocation.
9. Attend weekly production meeting.
10. The post holder will also undertake any other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years' experience as a fabricator with knowledge in the operation of a 4m Schechtl press folder and guillotine or similar. A counter balance fork lift truck licence would be advantageous but not a necessity.
We work with the following materials:
* Stainless Steel - 0.4mm to 1.00mm
* Zinc - 0.7mm to 1.5mm
* Copper - 0.4mm to 1.00mm
* Various forms of coated Aluminium and Steel - 0.4mm toÂ 1.00mm
* Galvanised Steel & Aluminium - 0.7mm to 3.00mm
* Single Ply Coated Membrane Metal - 1.00mm to 2.00mm
Experience in working with these metals would be preferable.