We are currently recruiting for a Development Engineer who will be responsible for overseeing the design of infrastructure and ground works packages for residential developments.
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To procure services records and enquiries for new developments, including responsibilities for timely payment for new services infrastructure to support build programmes
- To oversee the design and detailing carried out by externally appointed consulting engineers responsible for providing designs for new estate roads and sewers, including section 38,104 and s278 agreements
- Secure adoption agreements, S38,S104 and S278 to suit the development programme
- Obtain designs for foundations and where necessary have input into securing structural designs for superstructure components
- To maintain a continuous process of evaluation of consultants designs to ensure that proposals adhere to the best practise in value engineering
- Liaise with other technical team members and other necessary to seek the discharge of building regulations and planning conditions
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Educated to HNC / HND level in Engineering related disciplines with a min of 5 years post qualification experience
- Previous experience in a design related environment, preferably with Civil or Structural Consulting Engineers
- Ability to confidently handle negotiations with external bodies, including sewerage undertakers and highway authorities
- Ability to co-ordinate with all members of the design team to ensure programmes are achieved
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81476028