Emissions Regulatory Conformance Engineer
Emissions Regulatory Conformance Engineer - Peterborough
Our client, a major diesel engine manufacturer with a globally recognised brand, has just made available an initial 6-month contract opportunity for an Emissions Regulatory Conformance Engineer to join their Emissions Regulations & Conformance (ERC) team.
The successful candidate will support all aspects, and manage some aspects, of worldwide emissions regulatory conformance for our client's small to medium sized engine families. This role will suit a candidate that has a desire and ability to understand a level of technical engineering, programme management, legal services and engine performance development.
Key Responsibilities of the Emissions Regulatory Conformance Engineer
- Develop an understanding of conformance responsibilities associated with global emissions regulations
- Promote understanding and engagement of emissions regulatory conformance
- Support / lead resolution of emissions regulatory conformance issues
- Lead / support cross functional process improvement initiatives utilising software based data analysis and solutions
- Administrative support to the emissions audit programmes
- Support to other compliance requirements such as defect reporting, exempt engine management, volume reporting, production line testing, etc.
Qualifications and Experience required for the Emissions Regulatory Conformance Engineer role
- Experience of working within a technical engineering environment
- Experience of using data analysis to understand complex information and inform key decision making
- Ability to effectively contribute to multiple multi-disciplinary projects simultaneously to meet objectives
- Strong Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint skills
- A related engineering degree and / or experience working in the off-highway diesel engine industry
- Good data analysis software skills (preferably using Alteryx)
- Existing regulatory knowledge associated with the certification and / or conformance of off-highway diesel engines
- Experience working with teams communicating/delivering externally (e.g. government agencies)
Key Competencies of the Emissions Regulatory Conformance Engineer
- Teamwork - ability to work co-operatively with others and encourage the same from others
- Project leadership - experience of leading projects (preferably 6-Sigma e.g. green belt projects)
- Thoroughness - quality of delivery (work standards / attention to detail)
- Planning and organisation - ability to prioritise and effectively plan deliverables
- Effective communication - both written and oral communication
- Proactive Learner - willingness to obtain new knowledge
- Initiative - initiating action to meet clearly defined deliverables
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81476167