Professional Technical are currently recruiting for two Design Engineers for an award winning consultancy based near Southampton. The consultancy work with well-known brands within consumer products and packaging. This contract will involve designing a consumer electronic product for high volume injection moulding.
As a Design Engineer will you be responsible for:
- Design for manufacture and development of whole products
- Technical support to internal and external sales teams.
- End-to-end project management of multiple projects from concept through to manufacture.
- Producing drawings suitable for manufacture.
- Working with local and overseas suppliers and sourcing new materials and components.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven experience as a Product, Mechanical or Design Engineer.
- Qualified to degree level in either HND, PhD, MSc, MA, MEng, BA, BEng or BSc Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, Product or Innovation Engineering.
- Experience in consumer goods or related industries.
- Proven experience designing for high volume injection moulding.
- Excellent concept generation skills including user research, hand sketching and 3D modelling skills.
- Experience using Solidworks.
What's on offer?
- £30 - £33 per hour.
- A 6 month contract taking you to the end of the year.
- 2-4 week start date.
- 5 Day payment terms.
- Busy, hardworking and creative environment.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, click the "APPLY NOW" button below and we'll be in touch.
Please note: Any reference to salary or pay rates in this advertisement are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81475139