Our client are a UK energy regulator who are looking for a Legal Advisor to join their Networks Legal team supporting Commercial Networks. This role reports into the Principal Legal Advisor and ultimately the Legal Partner of the division.
* Assist with the regulation of OFTO licensees e.g. claims for revenue protections and assistance with live tenders.
* Assist with live OFTO licences.
* Supporting the preparation of tender documentation and evaluate bids.
* Manage clarification queries in relation to the management of the live tender process.
* Provide assistance to policy documentation.
* Provide advice relating to a broad range of matters regarding complex procurements and infrastructure transactions.
* Advise on public law, EU law, licencing and governance.
* Advise on risk and process with a solutions focussed approach.
* Keep up-to-date with legal developments in this area.
* Liaise directly with legal teams in other divisions and other government departments
* Work with external law firms and Counsel as required.
* Able to work under pressure and multi-task efficiently.
* Effective decision maker and solutions focussed.
* Able to see the wider business/industry picture (e.g. commercial /regulatory landscape).
* Work in a timely manner.
* Works within initiative and executes with confidence.
* Collaborative and strong relationship building skills.
* Used to delivery a high quality service in all aspects of work.
* Barrister or Solicitor, qualified to practice in England & Wales (candidates close to qualifying will also be considered).
* Excellent powers of analysis, use of evidence and sound legal judgement
* Experience of public administrative law
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81475018