Automated Test Engineer
Job Title: Automated Test Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £38,000 + bonus + benefits
I have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced Automated Test Engineer with my key client based in Newbury. My client are a global business and household name with companies operating in many different market sectors. This role will be joining their specialist financial services business based out of their Newbury offices.
You will be working within an agile squad that is delivering change to core systems within an automated continuous deployment environment. Working closely with other disciplines across IT and the business teams you will help to define and deliver new products and new features. You will be responsible for testing from inception, elaboration and analysis, right through the software development lifecycle through to deployment. You will ideally have proven experience in testing within an Agile or continuous delivery environment, with a strong background with automated testing tools.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Automated Test Engineer to join a market leader who really take their software development and testing process seriously. Working within true Agile squads, using some of the latest automated test tools and working within a truly collaborative environment.
- To scope the testing to be undertaken on features for delivery
- To carry out technical testing on a release, including making changes to automation frameworks
- To pair with a developer to carry out testing activity in parallel with development, so that features can be delivered continuously
- To coach, mentor and support other team members carrying out testing activities, including business users carrying out testing of core business processes through the front-end systems
- To participate in Initiation, Elaboration and Analysis sessions with business stakeholders and squad members
- To proactively contribute to retrospectives, and look for opportunities to improve testing practices and process within the squad and the wider IT community
- To maintain up to date industry knowledge of emerging trends and technology and tools by attending webinars and conferences
- To build and maintain solid working relationships with colleagues in Group IT and Business teams
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven software testing experience with automation testing experience within an agile environment delivering continuous change
- A confident communicator, able to deal with individuals across the organisation at multiple levels
- Proven experience in working across the SDLC, from inception and elaboration through to deployment and monitoring
- Proven track record at measuring the effectiveness of testing, and driving process improvements within an agile methodology
- Experienced in writing BDD tests, and familiar with tools such as Cucumber, Selenium & Atlassian products
- ISEB / ISTQB Foundation Certificate in software testing
- Able to work successfully in a small team to define and carry out testing in a continuous delivery methodology
- Strong technical testing background. Familiar with Shift Left test principles, BDD testing and automated test tools and frameworks
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Financial Services experience (desirable)
If you are interested in the applying for this exciting and challenging position, please send your CV and a covering letter/e-mail to in the first instance.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81475781