Business Intelligence Analyst
Global market leading Financial requires a highly skilled Business Intelligence Analyst to be based at their offices in Reigate, Surrey. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering accurate and timely MI based on business requirements. Using complex SQL queries and advanced database tools to collect, manipulate and analyse data and Microsoft Excel to prepare reports, which may be in the form of graphs, charts and dashboards.
- Contribute to the development of the long-term Business Intelligence strategy.
- Work closely with all areas of the business to understand and document their MI requirements.
- Design, review, develop and implement Oracle and SQL Server database objects, models and designs.
- Help support the IT Application Support team in identifying the business impact of major incidents.
- Create monthly KPI report for senior management.
Skills & Experience
- Experience extracting data using Oracle SQL Developer / Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio essential.
- Experience using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Analysis Service (SSAS) and Integration Service (SSIS) desirable.
- Advanced Excel skills for data manipulation & reporting, with working knowledge of pivot tables and lookups is essential.
- Experience using scheduling packages; creating, implementing and maintaining jobs.
- Advanced SQL skills essential, including the creation complex queries (e.g. recursive CTEs).
- Experience writing T-SQL, PL-SQL and/or MySQL desirable.
- VB scripting experience desirable.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81475561