Robert Half have business partnered with a leading UK business to source for a Finance Manager to join their offices in Portsmouth. This position will be an essential link between finance and the stakeholders involved. By managing the finances and strategic plans you will be able to communicate and provide understanding of the cost drivers.
This exciting opportunity will look for an experienced accountant that looks to develop the financial controls for reporting, forecasting and budgeting. Using your excellent communication and presentation skills you will provide analytical information to the business stakeholders influencing future business decisions.
Key Responsibilities of the Finance Manager
- To produce accurate and technically astute accounts, budgets, forecasts and strategic analysis
- Report upon and present the accounts, budgets and forecasts to required stakeholders
- Oversee the production of monthly management accounts, including reviewing commentary
- Set and support the finance team to achieve KPIs and targets
- Be accountable for the production and presentation of customer balance sheets, controls, reconciliations
- Identify future risk or opportunity using end of period contract reviews
- Analyse forecasts for cash, WIP and production to obtain variance figures, forecast revenue and calculate gross margins.
Key Requirements of the Finance Manager
- Ideally be qualified, part qualified or have equivalent work experience
- Extensive use of MS Office packages, including Excel & PowerPoint, to manipulate and present data in a clear and concise manner
- Strive to be a leader who focuses on delivery and time efficiency
- Be a concise communicator that can supply a clear message to both finance and non-finance stakeholders
- Use strong organisational skills to work effectively in a high-pressure environment and deadlines
- Be able to provide substantial information from own analysis to support business decisions
Salary: Circa £50,000
Benefits: Company standard + £5,000 car allowance
This position would be suitable for someone with experience of Accountancy Qualification ACCA or ACA or CIMA, Finance Manager, Finance Team Leader, Management Accountant, Financial Accountant, Finance Analyst, Finance Business Partner, Engineering, Manufacturing, Construction, FMCG, Defence, Marine, Aerospace, Electronics, Global Business, SME.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81475711