AWS/Azure Network Architect
AWS/Azure Network Architect - 3 months+ - Immediate start
Your new company
One of the largest Public Transport Organisations in the UK
Your new role
AWS/Azure Network Architect
What you'll need to succeed
My client are currently developing a cloud-based environment for several internal initiatives using Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure. A network architect with cloud-based experience (a Cloud Network Architect) is required for a minimum of three months (and likely to be extended) to support the Senior Network Architects in developing References Architectures, network cyber security controls, and governance.
The Cloud Network Architect will also work closely with Infrastructure Architects and Third Parties.
The Cloud Network Architect will support Senior Network Architects in:
- Developing Reference Architectures for Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
- Developing Cloud network cyber security design and policy (e.g. DMZ, WAF, NSG).
- Developing non-cloud network cyber security design and policy.
- Developing Public and Private peering to Microsoft Azure.
- Remediating current implementations to align with new Reference Architectures.
- Developing and applying governance practices to ensure that new environments are implemented in alignment with agreed architectures and templates.
- Developing Architecture and Principles for Software Defined Networks.
- Head of Network Transformation.
- Senior Network Architects.
- Infrastructure Architects.
- Cyber Security and Incident Response Team (CSIRT).
- Third party architecture teams.
- Expert knowledge of
- Data Centre Network and Cloud SaaS, PaaS/IaaS services offered by Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure, and network trends like Software Defined Networks (SDN) and Network Function Virtualisation (NFV).
- Local and Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN) technologies within a very large enterprise, including service provider technologies and architectures such as multi-VRF routing, multi-layer switching, multicast and quality-of-service techniques.
- Network cyber security controls such as UTMs, NGFWs and NIPS/NIDS.
- Detailed knowledge of the telecommunications marketplace and the manufacturers and vendors of telecommunications products and services, especially Cisco Systems, Juniper Networks, F5 Networks, and Forcepoint.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of IT architectural processes, frameworks and techniques.
- Knowledge of wider enterprise IT systems such as; compute, storage, virtualisation, cloud computing, application design and security, and supporting services and technologies such as DNS and NTP.
- An ability to take a loose set of requirements and build a high-level technical architecture using technical, corporate and common standards.
- An ability to assess, review and refine architecture proposals and designs, and liaise with third party architects to modify designs as decisions are identified and choices made.
- A proven ability to analyse complex components, identify decision points, draw conclusions and produce architecture roadmaps.
- An ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with colleagues in a variety of teams, including project managers, business analysts, developers and testers.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in IT Infrastructure engineering, including at least 2 years supporting cloud-based infrastructure.
- An in-depth understanding of Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud solutions and experienced in integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery models using Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
- Experience of securing Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines using Network Security Groups, and of securing Amazon Web Services Azure Virtual Machines.
- Demonstrable experience in architecting large-scale cloud migration projects/programmes.
- Extensive experience in architecting enterprise public cloud solutions.
- Certifications and Principles
- Relevant industry certifications on Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure including 'Amazon Web Services Certified Advanced Networking' and MCSE in 'Cloud Platform and Infrastructure'.
- TOGAF Level 2.
- Strong understanding of NCSC Cloud Security Principles and their practical implementations.
- Microsoft Azure Network Security Groups.
What you'll get in return
This is a high profile project assuring cloud network security
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81473904