Application Developer - ASPNet - MVC, LINQ, SQL Server
The ideal candidate will have a desire to learn SQL Server BI, ETL & Data Warehouse technologies.
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 + package
Location: City of London
Company: A global London Market Insurance organisation.
You will be required to work on a number of projects, focusing on building and enhancing the internal website that pulls together all their reporting needs into one, easy-to-use portal that is used by the Underwriting, Finance & Actuarial teams.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate would be a Microsoft .Net Web Developer with a number of years' experience who wants to expand their existing SQL knowledge into the BI space. You will have excellent problem-solving skills and are able to trace issues through the different software stacks mapping out the relevant dependencies where needed. An eagerness to learn new technologies is beneficial.
Technology & Skills required:
- Expert level experience with working with SQL server (2012+), writing queries, designing tables, writing stored procedures etc.
- Expert experience with .Net, Visual Studio, and C# (version 4 minimum).
- Experience with Web service interoperability (building RESTful services, WSDL, XSD/XML).
- 3+ years of commercial experience.
- Positive and proactive attitude, willing to turn their hand to any problem, and willing to work things out when they fall outside their area of direct expertise.
- Experience working with source control, branching, deployment / builds, backlog and task management (git preferred).
- Knowledge of TDD with Continuous Integration tools (e.g. VSTS/TeamCity/Jenkins)
- Knowledge of IIS configuration, troubleshooting & tuning.
- Power shell scripting experience.
- Experience working in AGILE teams.
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure.
- Desire to learn SQL Server BI, ETL & Data Warehousing concepts and technologies (bonus points for MDX experience).
- Some exposure to the insurance industry.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81473812