Fabrics Maintenance Engineer
Fabrics Maintenance Engineer - Leading Property Consultancy
A Fabrics Maintenance Engineer is required for a leading property company to assist the Building Fabrics Maintenance Supervisor with the delivery of the building fabrics maintenance service. Our client is looking for an individual who will provide an efficient and cost effective service in line with contract requirements. The role will incorporate both reactive and planned maintenance tasks within the varied properties within the Clients portfolio. Our client is looking for a proactive and hardworking individual who will engage and add to the company's already glowing reputation within the building industry, whilst under the leadership and guidance of the existing maintenance team. It is important that candidates have experience of carrying out planned and reactive maintenance tasks within the property industry, as well as a sound knowledge of the different functions within Facilties Management and building services.
The Role Includes:
- Carrying out building & property maintenance tasks, for both planned & reactive tasks.
- Routine site checks and in turn formulating a plan for resolution of any issues that arise.
- Reporting all maintenance issues to the building fabrics maintenance supervisor and, in turn the facilities team.
- Certain handyman related repairs including painting, carpentry and general internal maintenance.
The Candidate Must:
- Have an understanding of the operation of an FM team and the effect of legislation on its performance / capability.
- Have an understanding of statutory obligations within the Client's business e.g. Health, Safety and Environmental legislation, data protection, and security integrity.
- Have an understanding of the Facilities Management discipline and a basic understanding of building processes.
- Be able to respond quickly and effectively to any building and fabric related maintenance problems.
- Be able to work on an out of hours call out rota as laid down by the Building Fabrics Maintenance Supervisor.
- £27,000 - £32,000
To find out more about this role, please contact Harry Stevenson at Deverell Smith.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81473132