Internal Sales Engineer - Photonics
A new career opportunity for an Internal Sales Engineer with a background in photonics/optics has arisen at a leading Bedfordshire-based instrumentation company specialising in the distribution of high-tech Photonic Technologies. The Internal Sales Engineer will work with the company's customers (industry and academia) to develop technical solutions that meet the customers' complex Optical Systems / Photonics requirements. This is an excellent position for an ambitious Internal Sales Engineer (or commercially astute Physicist ) to join a growing industry leader offering career development and of course an attractive financial package.
The job requires someone a strong Physics (or possibly Electronics) background, ideally including optics, but the role is distinctly 'commercial' in flavour, involving extensive contact with UK and European customers via phone, email and on-site visits. You will become the company's Technical Sales Support Specialist, acting as the technical link between customers and the international manufacturers of the instruments. You will be answering technical queries from customers and helping them to define the precise details of the often bespoke systems prior to ordering. You will then handle the order, project manage the supply and occasionally assist with installation and commissioning.
- A scientific degree (BSc, MPhys, etc) in Physics, Applied Physics, Electronics Engineering or similar
- Ideally, familiarity with optics and optically based instruments.
- Commercial aptitude with the flair and ability to think laterally in a business environment.
- Highly computer literate
- Personable and presentable, with excellent written and verbal English skills. Not essential, but a second European language would be of additional benefit as the company also has offices in France and Germany.
- UK driving licence as occasional customer site visits will be required.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81473581