Senior Management Accountant
Cambridge University Press has an opportunity available for a Senior Management Accountant to join the team based in Cambridge. Joining us on a full time, 12 month fixed term basis, we are offering acompetitive salary of £40,000 - £45,000 per annum plus benefits.
We have over 2,500 talented employees across 50 international offices uniting all our publishing groups. We’re one of the world’s most respected publisher, driven by the purpose of unlocking people’s potential with the best learning and research solutions.
We need determined individuals to help make this happen. We work in global teams, tackle the big issues, raise education standards, and deliver innovative solutions to learners and researchers.
About the Senior Management Accountant role
We are looking for a talented Senior Management Accountant to support the management accounts team in the Academic Journals business, measuring and analysing the performance of the business, acting as a trusted adviser to the commercial finance team by supplying analysis, insight, commentary and recommendations on commercial performance, business planning and financial control.
This is a 12 month fixed term role covering the incumbent’s secondment to a project team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Quality-assure the output of the management accounts team, ensuring that a high quality service is maintained to internal and external customers. Meet or exceed all relevant Key Performance Indicators or service levels; understand any issues with delivering to KPI, investigating and acting upon any causes of failure
- Support requests for ad-hoc analysis such as may be required by the senior management team within Finance, delegating where necessary
- Ensure timeliness of intercompany processing, acting as a point of escalation. Understand status and significant issues, creating and delivering on action plans to resolve, as and when necessary
- Review and sign off balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the management accounts team. Maintain an overview of current issues with the balance sheet
- Review and sign off on the monthly management accounts pack and supporting analysis, ensuring that information provided to the finance Business Partner is of appropriate standard, with variances adequately explained. Investigate and be able to explain the results ‘in the round’, providing keen insight into the issues
What do we look for in a Senior Management Accountant?
You will be ACCA/CIMA/ACA /overseas equivalent qualified with strong excel knowledge. Experience leading a management accounts team is required. Experience using SAP B1 will be an advantage but is not essential. You will be a good communicator with personal presence and good written communications skills as well as an analytical thinker able to identify trends and issues, with the curiosity, courage and acumen to challenge results and find solutions.
We will offer a fantastic benefits package to the Senior Management Accountant
We’re committed to creating a dynamic work environment that empowers you to be your best. Our benefits include group personal pension and free life assurance, an inclusive and flexible working environment comprising of 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays), on-site fitness facilities, and many more. Furthermore, our Cambridge office is just a 10 minutes’ walk from the train station.
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an organisation that play’s a leading role in today’s global market place as our Senior Management Accountant.
We are provisionally looking at holding interviews w/c 4th June.
If you’re ready to embrace the challenges and opportunities this role brings then please complete our online application form by 30th May.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81473466