Are you a skilled Network Engineer looking to either break into Project Management, or take on the additional authority alongside your day to day role?
I am working with a global firm who are in the process of implementing a new global WAN, and are looking for someone with experience of Cisco hardware to come in and both assist the Technical Lead and the Network Lead. This role will be roughly 70-80% technical, with the other parts of your role acting as a Project Manager, looking after third parties, etc.
- Understanding WAN technologies such as MPLS, ACVPN, IPVPN, ADSL, VDSL
- Understanding terms for WAN connectivity and ability of using them. e.g. circuit bearer and port speed, circuit tale and last mile
- Understanding IP routing technology, Static routes, Generic understanding of Dynamic routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF
- Understanding other technologies used in WAN/LAN environments such as failover mechanisms, VRF
- Understanding LAN technologies, firewalls, L2/L3 switches, VLANs, fibre and ethernet
- Understanding of OSI Layers (Layer 2 - Layer 7)
- Understanding what a Layer3 diagram is and having the ability to both read and draw it when given relevant details
- Understanding applications behaviour running via a WAN link
- Understanding network metrics for a WAN link, such as latency, jitter, packet loss etc.
- Great organisation and attention to detail
- Must be a strong communicator and have the ability to build strong relationships
- Experience of Cisco hardware is a bonus, as all of the hardware in place currently is Cisco
- A formal qualification, such as CCNA would be highly desirable
- Any project management experience/formal project management qualifications would be a bonus
Please let me know if this role looks right for you! Ideally, we need the right person in place ASAP, so if you are interested, please apply below.
Randstad Technologies Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81474891