Assistant Payroll Officer
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are currently recruiting an Assistant Payroll Officer for a large organisation based in Pontypridd. The purpose of the role is to support the Service focus of the Payroll Unit and to maintain Service Delivery standards for the Department as a whole.
This position will be reporting into the Payroll Manager and is on temporary basis expected to last approximately 4 months. The position will be paying up £10 per hour.
- The calculation of salary, overtime, sickness entitlement, additions / deductions of pay for employees.
- Pension administration.
- Calculation of SMP, SSP, SAP, SPP, ASPP, and occupational elements relating to these for payroll purposes.
- Preparation work for control accounts.
- Process of expenses claims.
- Reconciliation of both statutory and monthly reports.
- Statutory/voluntary deductions calculation and administration.
- Provision of reports and information for internal and external customers.
- Ensure that all processing of data is in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Dealing with all relevant queries both internally and externally.
- Excellent keyboard & data entry skills.
- Excellent communicator orally and in writing.
- Current payroll experience of the whole process i.e. gross to net for a large number of employees.
- Experience in high-volume data-input environment.
- IT Literate, especially on Microsoft Excel
- £10.00 per hour + holiday pay
If this role is of interest, please feel free to get in touch.
This role is for an immediate start.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81474136