Assistant/Trainee Management Accountant
- Position: Assistant/Trainee Management Accountant
- Location: North West
- Salary: Up to £25k + Package and Bonus
- Permanent Position
Mason-James are currently recruiting for an Assistant/Trainee Managing Accountant based in the North West on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity for a recently qualified or Part qualified Accountant who can to develop their career with a leading New Build Housing developer.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Accountant who will gain excellent experience as well as receive ongoing training and development support.
The role will be to provide finance support to the Regional Financial Controller/Director through the production of timely and accurate management and financial information
- Assist the Financial Controller with preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Undertake regional balance sheet reconciliations
- Deal with the review of all budgets and forecast through the production of monthly variance reports Cash Management
- Support the preparation of regional reviews by providing timely cash reporting and variance analysis at a regional and site level
- Work closely with Site Teams to understand the cash requirements of a scheme to ensure all forecasting is robust and sites' cash usage is understood and progresses as planned
- Work with the Commercial department to ensure the robust forecasting of grant funding and payments from Registered Providers, including the tracking and reclaim of retentions
- Support the regions cash forecasting through the coordination of all aspects of cash reporting and the identification of risks and opportunities for both revenue and cost
- Update sales price analysis on a weekly basis
- Provide the regional management team with a forward forecast of price variance based upon current sales releases and achieved prices
- Support and challenge the sales team in the forecasting of legal completions to identify opportunities for over delivery and risks of under-delivery.
- Produce reports on monthly marketing spend by site versus budget/forecast and review with sales teams to challenge and reforecast. Identify opportunities for savings.
- Support the re forecast process and annual budgeting process
- Support the annual year-end audit process Management Information
- Collation of adhoc reporting information as and when requested by senior management
- Produce and maintain other finance specific reports in relation to sales security, stock, sales type analysis and cost tracking
Perform any other reasonable ad-hoc duties as required
Abilities and Experience
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Excel skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to prioritise own workload and manage time to meet deadlines
- Experience of budgeting, cost control and management reporting
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81475092