Finance Assistant / UK, European and Worldwide removal services / Walsall / £12.50 per hour.
An established provider of UK, European and Worldwide removal services. Due to a reorganisation of the finance department, a role has arisen for a Finance Assistant. The role is a full time role but reduced hours will be considered for a 25-30 hour week, with flexibility in relation to hours and days worked.
The role requires an experienced person with Sage Line 50 experience being essential, they need to have a thorough understanding of book-keeping principles and be able to deal with all aspects of the accounting function. There is a requirement to sort out a number of historical transactions to provide a firm financial platform on which to move forwards, therefore a pro-active ‘can do’ attitude is required together with excellent organisational and administrative skills. Microsoft Office experience is required, particularly in Excel.
This is an important role to ensure bank accounts, and sales and purchase ledgers are maintained to the highest standards on a daily basis.
The company are now looking for a Finance Assistant to join the finance department with an immediate start.
Finance Assistant Main Duties:
- Assist with the smooth day to day running of the accounts department to cover all aspects of the accounting function and associated administrative matters.
- Daily download of bank statements and bank reconciliations.
- Posting of all receipts and payments to ledgers.
- Preparation of daily bank reports.
- Process of incoming card payments.
- Assistance with managing cashflow.
- Deal with the raising of sales ledge invoices and credit notes, posting of cash and producing aged debtor reports.
- VAT returns.
- Dealing with supplier invoices, ensuring due authorisation and posting to the purchase ledger. Posting of purchase ledger payments and production of aged creditor reports. Supplier statement reconciliations.
- Credit control as required, this would not be a large part of the job as a part of the company’s payments are taken at the time of booking.
- Management of supplier payments including payments in foreign currencies.
Finance Assistant Necessary Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar financial role within a SME business.
- Sage Line 50 experience is essential.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner.
- Good all-round accounting skills.
- Team player with a positive attitude, and hands on approach to get the job done.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills with the ability to implement and follow systems and procedures, and an attention to detail.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81471233