Powertrain Test Systems Engineer
Adecco are currently recruiting for Powertrain System Test Engineer for their client a leading independent technology company for the design, engineering, test and development of automotive and propulsion systems, and a pioneer of low carbon technologies. The permanent role is based in Millbrook in Bedfordshire and offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
The role holder will report in to the Powertrain Facilities Manager and will be responsible for:
* Providing all technical support for Engineering team preparing Powertrain Facilities to perform tests activities according to customer requirements.
* Provide engineering support for the Powertrain equipment and test engineers.
* Assure all instruments are calibrated and producing reliable data.
* Setup emission systems according to requirements.
* Program test scheduling in automation systems.
* Adjust engines and vehicle numeric models to run properly in test beds.
* Manage test facilities data servers making all data secure and accessible to right personnel.
* Act in accordance with the behaviours for staff at all times.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
* Engineering Degree or similar or equivalent experience.
* MSc qualification in the automotive field will be a plus.
* Must have experience with engine development test beds.
* Instrumentation experience (Thermocouples, pressure transducers etc).
* Test cell conditioning systems such Combustion Air, Charge Air, Cell Air.
* Use of test bed controls (PID controls, throttle control, fuel handling)
* Automotive background preferably in an engine testing environment.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Proactive in finding solutions.
* Good understanding of H&S practices.
* Analytical thinking.
* Willing to undergo a Criminal Disclosure check.
* Required knowledge on the below:
o AVL PUMA;
o ETAS INCA;
o AVL INDICOM;
o AVL CONCERTO.
* Desirable knowledge:
o AVL CAMEO;
o AVL SANTORIN ;
o HORIBA STARS / SPARC;
o Blow-by meters;
o Particle Counters;
o AVL i60 emission system;
o AVL iGEM.
IT desirable skills:
o Computer network knowledge (TCP/IP);
o PC and network devices hardware;
o Security and access control management;
o Script and code programming.
By applying you will register as a candidate with Adecco. Our Privacy Statement explains how we will use your information.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81469928