Position: Design Engineer
Sector: Manufacturing & Engineering
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000
Shift Pattern: Full-time Monday to Friday
Nicholas Associates (Engineering, Manufacturing & Technical) are recruiting on behalf of a manufacturing client for a Design Engineer to join their Team based from their extremely successful site in Doncaster.
Based in Doncaster, the Design Engineer's role and responsibilities will include aspects of Health & Safety, Quality and Engineering, including:
- Modelling the 'safety first' behaviours expected of staff, ensuring operational procedures, equipment and processes are designed to provide a safe working environment.
- Ensure that team operations, are conducted in manner, which fully complies with the health and safety, quality, environmental and corporate policies.
- Ensure appropriate checking & review of all documents and drawings before release at any stage including revision status
- Control of quality of engineering documents with regard to quality assurance basis.
- Owning the process of preparation of design deliverables with due consideration for applicable codes and standards.
- Interface with other departments to reflect the build date from other departments, as applicable.
- Take ownership of deliverables produced & their quality.
- Capture all changes and modifications in the deliverables that has been intimated by project, prior to release of deliverable.
The successful Design Engineer will have:
- Experience of 2-D / 3-D CAD Design.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD software
- Working within a design team.
- Qualified to a minimum HNC / degree level in an Engineering discipline.
- Experience of designing an engineered product working to specific industry standards.
- Experience of 3-D modelling
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Proficient with MS Office applications like MS Word MS Excel, MS PowerPoint etc.
- Large manufacturing organisation.
- Extremely low turnover of staff.
- £30,000 to £35,000
Due to the urgency of this assignment, click the 'apply now' button to get your CV straight to me.
- Key words: Design Engineer, Doncaster, Rotherham, Barnsley, Sheffield, 2-D / 3-D CAD Design, AutoCAD software, Experience of designing an engineered product working to specific industry standards, Experience of 3-D modelling
Nicholas Associates Professional is a highly respected industry leading professional recruitment agency specialising exclusively in Executive Search and Selection, Construction, Engineering and Technical, and Finance and Accountancy roles across the UK and internationally. Working with many of the UK's most well-known client brands, we are passionate about matching the best talent to the best roles.
Nicholas Associates Professional is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
To find out more about us please visit nicholasassociates.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81473682