As a Pensions Accountant, you will be leading a team of two and responsible for the annual report and accounts and quarterly management accounts for all the pension schemes. You will also provide a planning, budgeting and monitoring service for pension scheme administration expenses and pensions projects costs.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to gain varied experience and broaden your knowledge of all facets of pension fund management.
- Statutory audit process (i.e. preparing and maintaining timetables, liaising with auditors and third party providers, preparation of statutory report and accounts)
- Providing and keeping current, the governance aspects in relation to scheme report and accounts
- Reviewing the consolidated quarterly management reports; analytical review, variance analysis and preparation of commentaries, and presentation of the reports at trustee meetings
- Preparing the annual budgets and five year plans
- Preparing of annual budgets for investment management fees for some of the schemes and for all budgets determining and agreeing changes to full year forecast
- Confidence with presenting reports at Trustee meetings
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Ideally team management experience
- Financial Audit background
- Knowledge of accounting standards applicable to pension schemes
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81473588