IT Support Apprentice - 05586
IT Support Apprentice
Are you ready to kick start your future in tech? ievo LTD are looking for an IT Support Apprentice!
Baltic Training Services and ievo LTD are delighted to be recruiting for Apprentice IT Support Apprentice to join their team based in Newcastle.
Why choose an apprenticeship?
Do you want to earn money, whilst gaining qualifications, business expertise, and boost your career prospects? Unlike traditional education, apprentices learn the skills they need on the job with the guidance of a mentor, and training from industry experts. In fact, research has shown apprentices can earn £4,000 more than those in similar job roles. If you’re ready to earn more, start your apprenticeship with Baltic Training today, apply below.
About the Employer
ievo Ltd is an independent British biometric company that focuses on the design, manufacture and distribution of reliable and innovative biometric fingerprint recognition products. Their biometric readers are proven to be robust, vandal resistant, extremely reliable and are the only readers that are UK Government approved.
Tasks to be trained in
· Providing technical support via telephone and email
· Logging customer calls
· Handling returned items
· Hardware testing and repair
· Dealing with Technical issues (training provided)
· Assisting with the internal IT issues (networks, system configuration and laptop / Pc repairs)
Training to be provided
Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
· Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in ICT
· Level 3 Advanced Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
· Networking Fundamentals
· Mobility and Device Fundamentals
· Business Processes
· Cloud Fundamentals
· Coding and Logic
- 5 GCSEs (A*-C) or equivalent, including ICT
- Good Problem Solving Skills
- Be up to date with technology and have an interest in new and innovative technologies.
- A Passion for technology and to work within IT
- Experience working with IT hardware – E.g Building your own computer, setting up a network at home etc.
- Good communicator, punctual and friendly
- Confident with speaking to customers
We’re always looking for enthusiastic people to add to our talent pool: at Baltic, we believe people are more than a list of skills, so even if you don’t feel like you tick every box – get in touch with us! Our apprenticeships will teach you all the skills you need to succeed anyway!
Salary, Hours, Benefits
- Monday to Friday - 9.00am – 5.30pm
- £180 Per week (paid monthly) plus a travel allowance ( 40 hours per week)
- 22 holidays + bank holidays and an extra 3 days after 5 years with the business
- Social events – Annual Team Building exercises and nights out.
- There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme. You, along with your employer, may progress to a Level 4 programme, and take your training even further.
Location & Travel
This role is located in North Shields Newcastle in the Tyne Tunnel Trading Estate. IEVO is very close to Silverlink where there are Frankie and Bennies, Nando’s, McDonald’s, Bella Italia and Costa Coffee. It is easily accessible by bus 309, 19, 333 and various metro lines and there is free parking available.
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage of your application. In the meantime if you want to get a head start on the other applicants expand your knowledge with the links provided!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81471977