Powertrain Facility Engineer
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Facilities Engineer to join the Powertrain department of our client, a leading provider of vehicle testing and validation services to customers in the automotive, transport, tyre, petrochemical, defence and security industries. It has a range of test facilities for full vehicles, tyres and components. The role holder will be offered a competitive salary and attractive benefits package and will be working Mon to Fri 40 hours per week based near Bedford, Bedfordshire.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of emission and fuel consumption testing from an Engineering perspective; including liaising with the client, working with the technicians to deliver the project, overseeing the vehicle preparation, equipment installation, testing, and then formulating and validating test results into data packs and test reports.
* Provide all technical support for Engineering team, preparing the Powertrain facilities to perform test activities according to customer requirements
* Provide engineering support for the Powertrain equipment and test engineers
* Ensure all instruments are calibrated and producing reliable data
* Setup emission systems according to requirements
* Program test scheduling in automation systems
* Adjust engines and vehicle numeric models to run properly in test beds
* Manage test facilities data servers making all data secure and accessible to right personnel
* Act in accordance with the behaviours for staff at all times
Required Experience Skills and Qualifications:
* Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification or experience. MSc in Automotive field would be advantageous
* Must have experience using engine or transmission test beds
* Instrumentation experience including thermocouples and pressure transducers
* Should be familiar with test beds main controls including PID tuning, throttle control, and torque control.
* Automotive background
* Must have knowledge in following systems:
* AVL PUMA and/or Horiba STARS or similar automation system
* Desirable knowledge:
* AVL CAMEO.
* AVL Concerto.
* AVL INDICOM.
* Powertrain multiple dynos test rig.
* Blow-by meter.
* Script and code programming is an advantage
* Excellent attention to detail
* Proactive in finding solutions
* Good understanding of H&S practices
* Analytical thinking
* Flexibility to travel as and when required
* Full UK driving licence
* Willing to undergo a Basic Disclosure (DBS) check
By applying you will register as a candidate with Adecco. Our Privacy Statement explains how we will use your information.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81469833