Head of IT
Head of IT ( 40% hands on) – Creative (MAC Environment)
A high profile creative agency based in Soho are seeking an ambitious, forward thinking Head of IT to oversee the Global IT Team! You will be responsible for the management, strategy and execution of IT services infrastructure; managing the company’s technology operations; ensuring compliance with standard and industry regulations and the implementation of new IT systems and policies.
- IT strategy: Oversee all technology operations, devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of overall strategies, objectives, principles and tactics relating to use of the technologies within the company.
- System Management: Identify, lead and implement best systems and practices to improve availability, control changes, implement repeatable processes and adequately measure and manage risks.
- Business continuity: Direct the effective delivery of disaster recovery systems and processes; identify and develop documentation, create test procedures and define resources to deliver business continuity in the event of an accident, disaster, emergency, outage, or threat.
- Information security and data protection: Develop education and management framework to protect IT, data availability, privacy and integrity and ensure client and personal information is handled properly. Develop and execute on security plans, including activities to be performed in-house or through third-party relationships to best manage the company’s information systems.
- Network: Review Network security controls, identify potential threats and weakness. Measure performance utilisation to optimise access and availability of systems.
- Engagement: Serve as an internal change agent to drive business process enhancements and innovation. Challenge the business to implement new solutions to aid the business in information sharing and development.
- Supplier Management: Regular review of suppliers to review technologies while delivering value for money. Benchmark service provided against other similar suppliers.
- Budget Control: Create, manage and deliver to the IT budget. Review and optimise current costs and achieve cost saving though contract consolidation and negotiation.
- Leadership: Provide leadership to the IT Operations and Support the IT team and build a team that is exceptionally customer-oriented, delivers business value and is well respected within the business. Fully participate and contribute to senior management meetings to ensure you are aware of changes to the business and the impact they have on your function. Proactively present and implement solutions to address situations before they become an issue.
As the Head of IT you will have the following experience:
- Proven experience in an IT Management or similar role.
- Experience working in a “hands on” role
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems, their specifications and security.
- Expert in Apple hardware and software solutions.
- Apple certification.
- Apple MAC OS X Server and client management and maintenance.
- Good command-line skills with some shell scripting experience (Apple & Linux).
- Demonstrable experience and skills in network support, configuration and management.
- Effective, inspirational and collaborative leadership and management style
- Robust and agile decision-making skills.
- Excellent organisational, multi-tasking, planning and risk management skills and the ability to delegate responsibilities effectively.
- Experience working for a Creative/ Digital agency.
The ideal candidate will have a creative flair and experience working in a Digital Agency surrounded by creatives.
We will consider candidates who are looking for career progression and have the skills and experience needed to make a step up!!!
Interview slots for next week.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81470751