Our client is seeking a Java Developer to work as part of an application development team supporting Public Sector clients in the UK and Europe. The role involves the on-going development of a product that provides records management and workflow functionality specifically to the Justice, Law Enforcement and Border Security industry segment.
Role and Objectives
- Take ownership of implementation of one/multiple modules of the product
- Perform requirement analysis to create low level design artefacts for individual modules
- Implement J2EE modules based on High Level Designs and as per the project's quality guidelines
- Perform Unit Testing of developed modules
- Perform root cause analysis of potential issues reported on production as well as test environments
- Implement fixes to address defects raised on the system
- Provide status updates to project manager
- Experienced in Object Oriented Analysis and Design and the creation of designs from use cases
- Familiar with UML modelling
- Familiar with iterative development methods
- Knowledge of java with recent hands on java development
- Familiar with widely used java frameworks (for example Spring, Hibernate, Struts 2, MAVERN)
- Knowledge of XML technologies and web service implementation
- Familiar with the development of database applications with Oracle, SQL, and Postgres
- App development using Java
- App development using XML Schema
- Open Source Apache with ServiceMix and ActiveMQ
- Web Services development
- App development using Agile methodologies
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81469741