Cloud Engineer - Vmware, vRA, vRO
Role: Cloud Engineer - Vmware, vRA, vRO
Duration: 4 months initial
Start Date: ASAP
Rates: up to £500/day
My London based financial services client is currently looking for an experienced Cloud Services Engineer with vRA and vRO skills to join them on an initial 4 month contract. The successful candidate will be tasked with ensuring standards are created for the hardware and software, which make up the cloud domain, using a standardised approach. You will also assist with new technology proof of concepts to test functionality and suitability of products and designs. Working with other areas within the business, you will ensure the defined solution meets business needs and strategic long term aims as well as managing vendor relationships at a technical level and driving functionality and benefit to automating of existing processes to drive efficiency.
* Knowledge of some or all the following VMware products
o vSphere 5.5 / 6
* Past working experience in a virtualisation / scripting / automation role
* A deep technical understanding of Virtualisation and Cloud
* Relevant product knowledge of storage technologies (EMC / NetApp)
* Relevant product knowledge of Cloud computing services such as AWS / Azure / Google Cloud Platform etc.
* Infrastructure as Code and automation/orchestration technologies, such as Puppet / Chef / Ansible Tower / Jenkins
* Experience of continuous integration / continuous delivery software engineering approaches
* Experience in Ruby, Python, Golang and/or Java programming languages
* Knowledge of Pivotal Cloud Foundry 1.8 + * Understanding of networking concepts (SDN an advantage)
* Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Virtualisation and cloud in a similar function is desirable but not essential
* Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. IT in finance, virtualisation and cloud engineering is desirable but not essential
* Experience in Agile methodologies and DevOps practices is desirable but not essential
If this role sounds of interest and you require further information then please respond with an up to date copy of your CV.
Hydrogen UK Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81469634